Saturday, October 3, 2009

Champú!


Ask and ye shall receive!
After my previous entry's rantings about how there is no locally produced shampoo, I happened across an artesanía fair in the town's central park. Lo and behold, there were not one but TWO booths selling aloe vera shampoo, conditioner, and other personal products. The one on the left cost only 60 lempiras ($3)! The one on the right is larger and certified organic, and cost 70 lempiras. Both were made by local women's cooperatives! Jackpot!!! I even got to try a dessert made from aloe vera chunks that was actually quite good (tasted like a cross between lychees and those squishy grapes in canned fruit salad).
Assuming it works for my hair, I'll be buying more of these and supporting the local economy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment