Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Response: Beaurocracy and Paperwork

I just read this blog entry--La Gringa's Blogicito gets emailed to me when updated and I enjoy reading it very much:
http://lagringasblogicito.blogspot.com/2011/02/why-is-honduras-so-poor.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FvZZx+%28La+Gringa%27s+Blogicito%29

A little response to that... my (new! awesome!) husband's birth certificate, national ID card, and drivers' license didn't match up in terms of his birth date. We had to get these documents changed to all match each other before we could get legally married and before we submit any immigration paperwork to the US. Some said his year of birth was 1985 and others said it was 1987. He is pretty sure (but the fact that he's not entirely sure is kind of weird!) that he was actually born in 1987, but he decided to change it to 1985. I'm happy about that since I'm older than him so it makes me feel a little less like I'm robbing the cradle, haha. Luckily, he didn't have a hard time getting the documents fixed such as the cases in the blog entry above... We don't even know exactly when his mom was born... sometime in January or February, maaaaybe...the year? Anyone's guess.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I'd love to hear more about what your students had to say. Any chance that you might blog about that?

    ReplyDelete