Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Honduran "Pita Chip"

Miss you, Stacy´s !!













Ok, so is it just me, or does casabe, the Honduran/Garifuna food taste like pita chips? 

Stacked casabe rounds









(For more info on what casabe is and on who the Garifuna are, click here: http://www.stanford.edu/group/arts/honduras/discovery_eng/customs/casave/index.html )

I don´t know how this can possibly be the case, being that casabe is made from yuca flour and pita chips are baked or fried wheat flatbreads.  Every time I try casabe, especially the variety with garlic and margarine on it, the texture, flavor, and slight saltiness reminds me of pita chips, which are (as far as I can tell) unavailable in Honduras. I miss them so much!  Now, if only I could get some hummus for my Honduran "pita chips"...  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment